Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Memory.....I think

I have always been a forgetful person. Regarding my memory, as a child my Mom used to ask me what I was going to do as an adult, my response was always, 'be an old forgetful lady '.

Understanding that my family has that 'alzheimer's &/or dementia gene' , I pretty much get that that could be my fate. (I also believe in not putting that out there in the universe) I'm just saying . On my dad's side of the fam there are only 2 left in his generation and they both, all though brothers and roommates, don't realize that they are brothers. 2 out 4 of his sisters and 4 out of six brothers suffered extreme memory loss.

So when I read articles on how to keep the mind sharp, (there's a factoid in the new O mag) how exciting is it to know that knitting has been a proven and measured way to help over 65 year olds in preventing memory loss.

Fortunate for me that I have been knitting for years. Unfortunate that my memory kicks in to remind me that one of his sisters that suffered from alzheimer's and dementia was a knitter!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment